Occupational Health and Safety Policy
DP and JL Dunoon P/L acknowledge it has legal responsibilities under the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 and Regulations, to so far as is reasonably practicable:
- ensure that the highest level of protection against health and safety risks is provided to employees, other persons at work and members of the public
- provide for the involvement of employees in formulating and implementation of standards
- provide and maintain safe workplaces and systems of work
- provide and maintain safe plant and associated systems of work
- identify and control hazardous manual handling
- provide adequate facilities for employees
- provide each employee who may be exposed to a risk with sufficient information, instruction and training as are necessary to perform their work safely, regarding the nature of any hazard, and the need for and proper use and maintenance of measures to control the risk.
To achieve this, it will:
- Develop and implement safe systems of work that take into account the activities of others on site
- Ensure its equipment is properly maintained and appropriate records of such are kept
- Consider the impact of changes in environmental conditions when performing site works
- Engage competent and qualified operators to perform works
- Regularly review its procedures as part of striving to achieve best practice.
It expects employees and others on site to:
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety, and that of others who can be affected by what they do and do not do
- Cooperate with us regarding any action taken by us to comply with the Act or Regulations
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare.